1 October 2014 Dinosaur Costume
Evoke your inner craft-goddess and create a totally awesome costume for a little kid – or the big kid within – without having to shell out big bucks for a totally predictable, store-bought one, just in time for Halloween!
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
1 green hoodie | 3 sheets blue/aqua felt (enough to make approximately 22 triangles) | Sewing machine | Green fabric (50cm x 1m). Cotton jersey is good as you won’t need to seam | Stuffing | Scissors | Pins | Green and white card | Green and white foam sheets | Glue or double-sided tape | Hat elastic
WHAT TO DO
- Cut felt into 8cm triangles.
- Turn hoodie inside out and cut up sleeves.
- Place felt triangle in between cut edges facing inwards, and pin into place.
- Sew into place on sewing machine.
- Cut down centre of hood, and repeat triangle process.
- Fold fabric lengthways in half, mark out and cut a triangle approximately 70cm long and ending at 25cm high.
- Cut two strips 4cm x 50cm for ties.
- Place felt triangles as with hood – pin and sew, leaving end open.
- Stuff with stuffing.
- Add straps to each end of the opening, pin and sew down.
- Cut out feet shape and add holes.
- Cut out white claws and add to feet.
Cut out all pieces in mask shape as shown, stick together and add elastic.
Pop it on your child and get scaring!